Please inform us if any of the following information is incorrect.

Association of Consultant Architects, 60 Godwin Road, Bromley, Kent BR2 9LQ (previously 98 Hayes Road, Bromley) : +44 (0)20 8325 1402 Architectural matters.

British Railways Board, BRB (Residuary) Ltd., Whittles House, 14 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9HF - Telephone: 020 7904 5079 Looks after the residual responsibilities and liabilities of the former British Railway Board.

The Building Centre, Store Street, London, WC1E 7BT - Telephone: +44 (0) 207 692 4000 Advice with building problems.

Building Employers Confederation, 82, New Cavendish Street, London, W1 Association of building trade employers.

Church Commissioners, 1, Millbank, London, SW1 Administers of church property.

Royal Academy of Arts, London, England.

Civic Trust Initiative, Unit 101, 82 Wood Street , The Tea Factory , Liverpool , L1 4DQ , England - Telephone: 0151 708 9920 Advice on the built environment.

Consumer's Association, London Tel: 020 78306000 Represent the comsuner's interests.

Country Gentlemen's Association, Icknield Way West, Letchworth, Herts Represent the landowners interests.

Eaga Limited, Freepost, PO Box 1NG Tel: Freephone 0800 181 667 Grants to keep you warm.

Energy Savings Trust Tel: 020 7931 8401 Free, impartial and independent advice.

English Heritage, 23, Savile Row, London, NW1 Advice on the built environment.

Federation of Master Builders, 33, John Street, London, WC1 Represents the interest of builders.

Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR EC4 - Telephone: 0845 080 1800 Advice with banking problems.

Forestry Commission, 231, Corstophine Road, Edinburgh Administers and advises on forests.

House Builders Federation, 82, New Cavendish Street, London, W1 Inspects and certificates builders work.

Independent Surveyor's Association, 113, Westbourne Grove, London, W2 Advises and inspects buildings and land.

Institute of Public Loss Assessors, 14, Red Lion Street, Chesham, Bucks Arbitrates in disputes over property.

Insurance Ombudsman Bureau, 31, Southampton Row, London, WC1 Arbitrates over insurance.

Joseph Rowntree Foundation, The Homestead, 40, Water End, York YO3 A charitable trust.

Land Registry, Lincoln's Inn Fields, London, WC2 Tel: 020 7917 8888 Nations record of land.

Law Society, 113, Chancery Lane, London, WC2 Represents the law profession.

Local Energy Advice Centre Tel: 0800 512 012 Free, impartial and independent advice.

London Housing Aid Centre, 189A, Old Brompton Road, London, SW5 Help with housing needs.

National Association of Conveyancers, 2, Chichester Rents London WC2 Represents the Conveyancers profession.

National Association of Estate Agents, 21, Jury Street, Warwick Tel: 01926 496800 Represent the estate agents profession.

National Federation of Housing Agents, 175, Greys Inn Road, London, WC1 Represents the House agents profession.

National House Building Council, Buildmark House, Chiltern Avenue, Amersham, Bucks, HP6 5AP Tel: 01494 434477 Inspects and certificates builders work.

NEA, St Andrew's House, 90-92, Pilgrim Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6SG Tel: 0191 261 5677 Home isulation and energy advice and grants.

Office of Electricity Regulation (Offer), Hagley House, Hagley Road, Birmingham, B16 8QG Tel: 0121 456 2100 Dissatisfaction with Electricity supplier.

Office of Fair Trading, Breams Buildings, London, EC4 Investigates disputes in trading.

Office of Gas Supply (OFGAS), Stockley House, 130, Wilton Road, London, SW1V1LQ Tel: 020 7828 0898 Dissatisfaction with Gas supplier.

Ombudsman for Corporate Estate Agents, PO Box 1114, Salisbury, Wilts, SP1 Arbitrates in estate agency matters.

Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), 66, Portland Place, London, W1 Tel: 020 7580 5533 Represents the architectural profession.

Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, 12, Great George Street, London, SW1 Tel: 020 7723 5882 Represents the surveyors profession.

Royal Town Planning Institute, 26, Portland Place, London, W1N 4BE Tel: 020 7636 9107 Represents the town planners profession.

Save Britain's Heritage, 68, Battersea High Street, London, SW11 Advice on heritage matters.

Department of the Evironment, Romney House, 43, Marsham Street, London, SW1P 3PY Advice regarding the envoronment.

The Northern Ireland Housing Executive, 2, May Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland Tel: 01232 240588 Housing advice centre.

Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland, 15, Rutland Square, Edinburgh, EH1 2BF Tel: 0131 229 7205

We hope that this information has been useful to you.

To return to an index click its button below or the hat at the top of the page.