BA for Advice for Foreign Students

Advice for foreign students in the UK

Please inform us if any of the following information is incorrect.

Council for International Educaction (UKCOSA), 9-17 St Albans Place, London, N1 0NX Tel: +44 (0) 020 7288 43 30. Advice for overseas students already in Britain

The National Union of Students (NUS), Nelson Mandela House, 461, Holloway Road, London, England, N7 6LJ Tel: 0171 272 8900 Information for all students

The National Union of Students (NUS), 34, Botanic Avenue, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT7 1JQ Tel: 01232 244641 Information for students in Northern Ireland

The National Union of Students (Scotland), 29 Forth Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH1 3LE Tel: 0131 556 6598 Information for students in Scotland

The British Refugee Council, Bondway House, 3/9 Bondway, London, England SW8 1SJ Tel: 0171 582 6922 Advice for refugees in Britain

International Student Advisory Council (OSPREY), 4a, Bruntsfield Crescent, Edinburgh Scotland EH10 4EZ Tel: 0131 447 9243 Information for students in Scotland

United Kingdom Immigrants Advisory Service (UKIAS), 190, Great Dover Street, London England SE1 4YB Tel: 0171 357 6917 Advice about immigration problems

Scottish Education Department, Haymarket House, Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh Scotland EH12 5DT Government department dealing with education

Immigration and Nationality Department, The Home Office, Lunar House, Wellesley Road, Croydon England CR9 2BY Tel: 0181 686 0688 Government department dealing with immigration

British Council 10, Spring Gardens, London England SW1A 2BN Tel: General information 0171 930 8466 Educational Information 0171 389 4383 Offers information and advice on any aspect of studying in the UK

Hosting for Overseas Students, 18, Northumberland Avenue, London England WC2N 5AP Tel: 0171 925 2595 Arranges short stays with a British family

The Under Secretary of State, Department of Employment, Ebury Bridge House, Ebury Bridge Road, London England SW1 Approval for training or employment as part of a course

The Overseas Registration Division, The General Medical Council, 153, Cleveland Street, London England W1 Tel: 0171 387 2556 Information for dentists or doctors on working in hospitals

The Federation of Recruitment and Employment Services, 10, Belgrave Square, London England SW1X 8PH Tel: 0171 235 6616 Information about working as an au pair in Britain

The Committee of Vice Chancellors and Principals, 29, Tavistock Square, London England WC1 Tel: 0171 387 9231 Information about post graduate work as a research assistant

The Royal College of Nursing, 20, Cavendish Square, London England W1M 0AB Tel: 0171 409 3333 Information about working as a nurse or midwife

The British Association of State Colleges in English Language Teaching, c/o Hampstead Garden Suburb Institute, Central Square, London England NW11 7BN Information on English language courses (BASCELT)

Association of Recognised English Language Teaching Establishments, 125, High Holborn, London England WC1V 6QD Tel: 0171 242 3136 Information on English language courses (ARELS-FELCO)

UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, John Foster House, 36, Gordon Square, London England WC1H 0PF Tel: 0171 387 8572 Scholarships for research or study at postgraduate level

Cultural Relations Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Old Admiralty Buildings, Whitehall, London England SW1A 2AF Tel: 0171 270 3000 Scholarships for foreign students

Marshall Aid Commemmoration Commission, 36, Gordon Square, London England WC1H 0PF Tel: 0171 387 8572 Scholarships for students from the USA, under 26 years old

The Education Department, Overseas Development Administration, Eland House, Stag Place, London England SW1E 5DH Tel: 0171 213 3000 Scholarships to cover tuition fees at university

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) 7, Place de Fontenoy, 75700, Paris France Awards and Scholarships for students studying abroad

Educational Grants Advisory Centre, Family Welfare Association, 501/505 Kingsland Road, London England E8 4AU Tel: 0171 254 6251 Advice for students in financial difficulty

The Alien's Registration Office, 10, Lambs Conduit, London England WC1N 3NX Registration of persons from overseas

International Students House (ISH), 229, Great Portland Street, London England W1N 5HD Tel: 0171 631 3223 Club for overseas students

We hope that this information has been useful to you.

To return to an index click its button below or the hat at the top of the page.